Friday, January 22, 2010

Old and New (cont)

So Sundays. As you all know from previous entries, I sometimes go to Paris meetings (actually only two so far) and to the French congragation. Going to the Paris meetings means catching the train and the metro and usually takes over an hour. But I don't mind, I love riding the train. I study, read, listen to music, look at Varsailles and Paris neighborhoods as I pass them by. Everyone once and a while, I feel a bit homesick or am sad about something, then I look at the scenery on the train ride and am cheered up. Going to the French meeting is about a twenty minute drive. I haven't mentioned this yet, but when I ride with the family I am in the back of the mini-van. Mini-vans are a bit different over here. There is a removable third row that you access through climbing into the boot. So it is kindof comical as I haul myself into the boot of the van in high heels and a skirt. I am constantly humbled! After meetings I either go to Paris or, if I know I am going on Monday I study, clean, and relax.
Sevice has been a bit of an issue for me. Which I hate becuase I love the ministry. I am in the process of remedying it. I've been out with Helen in French service, which I have written about. And while in England I had a lovely time in service and was so happy to get to talk to people. In French service, once again, I feel a bit like a child. I basically ring the bells :) My friend, Carly in the Paris English hall has given me the number of a pioneer sister, so I am calling her to make arrangements to do some work in the foreign language field. I am also making arrangements with a couple of young sisters in my French congregation. Helen says my French will improve light years if I go out in service with bros and sis who do not speak English at all. Honestly, I feel completely exhausted by the prospect. But I must, so I am. I definitely feel a bit in limbo land and am looking forward to finding "my place" in Jehovah's organization over here.
So thats all for now. Sorry if my last couple entries have been a bit dry. I am just living life-so sometimes things aren't really that interesting. This is just what I am dealing with now. And I want all of my dear friends to know that Jehovan and the ministry are still the most important things to me. I once had a good friend tell me that you don't just make the truth your own once, you do it over and over again as your life changes. So that is what I am doing now. I turned my life upside down, but I am making sure Jehovah stays on top!

3 comments:

  1. Good Girl, Cory, We all have to work hard everyday to make the Truth our own. And I know you will keep it on the top of your list. Remember you have only been there 2 months. There is way to many new things for life to be ho-hum. So keep venturing to new things. Love Mom (Very proud of you)
    I will try to mail Friends to you today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The harder you work for things the dearer they are and the more precious the rewards. Not only is that a basic truth, Jehovah guarantees it when we do so for his name. You're doing great I'm sure of it. Your love for Jehovah shines through in every post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cory! If you ever fancy some hard core English ministry, hop over the Channel and stay with me. I'm only 2 hours away. :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete