Wednesday, November 11, 2009

How this came about

So I realized when I was letting people know that I had a blog that many do not know whats happened. So here is the story. My friends Heidi and Emily were visiting from Canada. The three of us had been planning forever to move to Paris together. About this time, however, we had decided that it was most likely not going to work. So I was exploring other options, blah, blah, blah. Back to the girls visiting. Emily said she had an email from a friend whose sister was looking for an au pair. Ironically (as most things happen in my life) I had said I would not go to Europe as an au pair. I asked Em to forward it to me. Just to see. I emailed Helen and heard nothing back:( Then one week later, I got a phone call from Helen! And things kept working out. A lot of great things! I will be living in Rabouillet (30 miles south of Paris) in a studio apartment. I watch the Dubarry children on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. On Mondays and Fridays I will be taking 2 hours of French lessons and have weekends off! The Dubarrys are witnesses (yay!). I will be going to the French congregation with them for the congregation book study, school and service meeting. On Sundays, I will head into Paris for the Public talk and Watchtower study in English until I am fluent enough in French to handle it all at the French congregation. Helen says most of the brothers in sisters in the congregation in Rambouillet speak English and will be very supportive with me at the meetings and in service. Many friends over here are giving me some connections too. I feel very supported and blessed spiritually and materially. Everything has been taken care of. Whenever I felt it couldn't be done, Jehovah supported me through prayer, friends and the meetings. Its been wonderful to see how loving he and all my spiritual family are!

5 comments:

  1. exciting days ahead--thanks for the update--try not to meet your future parisian husband too fast--they may be plentiful over there--chow for now--

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know your plane has landed...early actually!
    I'm patiently awaiting your first Parisian blog entry, now that you've finally made it to Europe for the first time :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. You forgot to add to the story of your years of longing. That Starbucks was even trying to get you over to Europe to work. That your ex-MIL and ex-SIL spent hours discussing and researching how to get you to Europe. Maybe not France, per se, but London (as close as possible to Paris). So, friends this journey of Coralie's has been in the works for YEARS! So, keep dreaming big and see where it will take you!!! (I appreciate it summed up to a few moments, but, the truth of it is this is an adventure that has been in the works for ages. Even before Mom and me. Who else did you dream this up with?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coralie...so pleased to hear that you have realized one of your goals. We will be very interested in hearing about the blessings; they are sure to continue. We love you and are very happy for you. Greg and Joyce

    ReplyDelete